DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

2016 taxes

Our identity was stolen and I was working on 2016 taxes, yes late, however I was not done before October 15 and now I can not find my taxes?  Where did my 2016 go all I needed to do was print and mail but they are gone! Can I get it back or do I have to start all over?

Re: 2016 taxes

Lauriejs69,

Welcome to the Community. We don't have access to client accounts here in the Community so I would recommend you contact H&R Block client support to check the status of your account. They can be reached at 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625).

Harold

Highlighted
Tax Pro

Hi Lauriejs69,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

Were you working on your tax return using the online software?

If so then that's what happened.  Everything was lost when e-file ended for 2016 in October and they switched to the 2017 online software.  Only the current year is available for online filing.

You may be able to access a PDF of what you had gotten done in MyBlock.  You can also call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK for assistance as previously suggested.

I'm sorry to hear that your identity was stolen.  I would recommend getting an identity protection PIN number from the IRS if you haven't already.  This is the best way to protect yourself from tax fraud.  You can get a PIN number by calling the IRS' identity protection division at 1-800-908-4490.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Tax Pro

Lauriejs69,

I should also mention that you can use the downloadable software if you would like.  You will not lose anything when using the downloadable version of the 2016 software.  You can find the downloadable 2016 software on the H&R Block website.