DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

2016 Deluxe crashed

I'm running 2016 Deluxe with state. I was creating an amended return as I've received new tax documents. I made the changes and saved. When I tried to open the program next, I received the error status 0xc0000020 stating that the program couldn't run on Windows and that I need to reinstall. If I reinstall, will I have to reenter all the information? Is there a way to recover this program and my data within?

Highlighted
Tax Pro

Re: 2016 Deluxe crashed

Hi kblake,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

The best suggestion that I can give you on this one is to find your tax return file on your computer.  Then move it to a flash drive or upload it to MyBlock before you reinstall the software so that you don't lose it and so that you can access it in the software once you've finished re-installing it.

You might also consider calling support at 1-800-HRBLOCK if you need further assistance.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)