DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-16-2018
Accepted Solution

1099 SA

I received a 1099 SA for my HSA this year and it states that I must enter into my taxes.  I don't recall receiving one of these in the past.  Any advice?

Council Member
Posts: 548
Registered: ‎04-06-2016

Re: 1099 SA

You'll get a 1099-SA from your HSA for any year you remove money from your HSA.  You'll need to enter this into the H&R Block program under Federal> Adjusments and Deductions> Health and Medical Expenses, HSA> Visit Topic 1099-SA and 5498-SA Health savings account (HSA) 


You'll enter your 1099-SA info and then will come to a screen that asks if you used all of your distributions for medical expenses. If you did, check yes and none of your distribution will be taxable or penalized.