DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

1065 business efile accepted-->IRS did not receive and imposed penalty

My 1065  business for tax year 2016 e-file accepted on 3/29/2017 in HR block premium home and business software -->IRS did not receive and imposed penalty by letter ( form CP162) $195* number of partners- a lot of $$

In addition, NY IT204 business the same situation- e-filed and accepted by NY state on 3/29/2017, but NY tax authority sent a letter that they did not receive the e-file and imposed a penalty (DTF-966.1) - even more $

I have a printed "view e-file history" from HR business software with acknowledgment.

HR business software 2016 does not allow me to re-submit my return electronically

-- it lists its status as accepted on 3/29/2017 both federal and NY state.

what can I do to avoid penalty?

Should i file on paper immediately just in case?

Can HR block re-submit and track my 1065 and IT204 return if I provide DCN and similar information?

Re: 1065 business efile accepted-->IRS did not receive and imposed penalty

Same here.  eFile accepted on 4/3/17, just received letter CP162 from IRS dated 4/24/17 with a penalty for late filing. 

Re: 1065 business efile accepted-->IRS did not receive and imposed penalty

test987 and tanglehorn,

Welcome to the Community. I would recommend contacting H&R Block client support for assistance. They will be able to look at your accounts online and try to determine the issue and next steps. They can be reached at 1.800.HRBLOCK.

Harold