DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

10% Amazon Bonus - has not arrived?

I received a part of my refund via direct deposit and had set aside another $1000 for Amazon bonus. I got the cash part from the IRS about 20 days ago - nothing from Amazon or HR Block about the bonus gift card??? Its an absolute maze on who to call. Call to Amazon - they say call HR Block. HR Block had no clue what I was even talking about. How long should I wait? I check spam etc...no luck.
Tax Pro

Re: 10% Amazon Bonus - has not arrived?

HI couglraw,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

Because the community is run entirely on volunteer power we do not have access to do anything with the refund bonuses or Emerald cards at this level.  I will however guide you in the right direction as best I can.

Your only option here is to call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK.  The agents there are the only people who can access your account and check on things like gift cards, the Emerald card, your tax return status, etc.  There are three levels in the support center, so if the agent at the entry level cannot assist you for whatever reason then ask to be bumped straight to the top tier or to the appropriate department as that will be your best bet.

Based on what I've heard from other community members I can tell you that there have been some issues with the refund bonus program this year and that it may take some time and effort to get through this issue.  The best advice I can give you is to keep on the support people until they get this taken care of for you.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)