How do I access past years' tax returns?

Started ‎10-14-2014 by
Modified ‎12-27-2016 by

You can order transcript copies of your federal income tax returns by logging in to: The IRS offers this service free of charge. You can access your transcript online or have it mailed to you. These are not actual tax form copies, but all pertinent information is included.

If you utilized an H&R Block service (office, software, or online) to file your tax returns, you can download and print a federal and state form copy for the last three years by logging in or creating a myBlock account. If you experience any difficulty or have any questions, contact the client support team at 1-800-HRBLOCK for assistance. There is no fee charged for this service.

Finally, if you must obtain actual tax form copies, you may need to order them from the IRS. Form 4506 is filed for this purpose and the IRS charges a $50 fee for each year requested. Please note that it can take up to 75 days to process your request for copies. Here is a link to that form and instructions: