All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

simple business returns - don't want forms 3520 and section 179 deductions

Hi, I have a simple (consulting) business tax returns with start-up expenses of couple of thousand dollars and no income. I am using desktop software. I answered all the interview questions but when I review the final return, I am getting two unnecessary forms 3520 and section 179 deduction. I am not sure how to get rid of these two items. Any advice?

Thanks!

Pioneer

Re: simple business returns - don't want forms 3520 and section 179 deductions

Has anyone determined a way to suppress form 3520? The same thing is happening to me. 

Highlighted
Pioneer

I think i figured out how to remove this form.

Go to forms < my forms

click on 3520

then go back to forms and click discard form. Hit okay when you get a pop up confirming deletion of this form and related entries.

It worked for me. Let me know if it works for you.

Pioneer

I was just coming in to say the same thing. I finally got through to the help desk and they walked me through the exact same steps.  It works. Just make sure that you really select form 3520 before hitting delete or it will delete the form that you are on.