All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer
Accepted Solution

online payment agreement

I made an online payment agreement with IRS. How do I finalize my return to file? It asks how I want to pay and am not sure wht to check.

Council Member

Re: online payment agreement

What are your options? Is it asking how you want to pay your tax due? Or how you want to pay for the tax prep software/efile fee?

If it's asking how you want to pay your tax due, choose the option to "mail a check" or something similar if that's an option.  It will just tell the program you're not going to make the payment as a direct debit so it won't expect you to enter bank info. It won't matter how or when you're actually getting the money to the IRS.

Karen

Highlighted
Valued Pioneer

Talked with an H&R advisor yesterday and they also confirmed that you choose "Pay with Check" and File". You don't actually have to pay with a check and can choose any of the payment methods offered by the IRS on the OPA page. 

Pioneer

Yes.. thank you, the pay by check was the answer. and yes it was for the taxes due, not the software.