All Things Tax

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-17-2014

freelance/self employment

At what point are you required to file a schedule C form for self-employment. I have done a couple small freelance design jobs this year for friends and am not sure at what amount it makes a difference.

Associate (Council Member)
Posts: 1,848
Registered: ‎12-13-2013

Re: freelance/self employment

Hello kmel, and welcome to The Community.

Under the rules regarding when freelance/self employed must file a Schedule C (or C-EZ), you must file if earning $400 or more. Below is a link to the IRS Self Employed Tax Center which provides detailed information and other helpful links. I hope you find this useful. Good luck to you.
Tax Professional (Retired)