All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

can i file past due tax returns online

I didn't file 2012 or 2011 tax returns. Can I file online or do I need to use the hard copy forms?

Associate (Pioneer)

Re: can i file past due tax returns online

You will need to mail in your prior year returns.  IRS is not set up for efiling prior year returns.

M. St. Thomas

Sr Tax Advisor V

Associate (Council Member)

enollette,

Welcome to the Community. Astromath is correct that you will have to mail in past year's returns however you can purchase and download the software for previous years from our web site here: http://www.hrblock.com/tax-software/updates-back-editions.html

I hope this helps.
JerryG

Check BoxDid my reply help answer your question? Please mark it as an accepted solution by clicking on the green "Accept as Solution" button below. Thank you!
Pioneer

I need to file a past state return.

Will the H&R Block Software pull info from my previously filed ONLINE H&R Block Federal tax return?

mr pioneer ,

its called E-filling

income Tax E-filing with ClearTax
the easiest choice for first-time e-filers
The ClearTax platform automatically detects the ITR you want to record on the basis of your profits assets
upload your shape 16, and ClearTax car-prepares your income tax return
ClearTax is an e-intermediary. you may record your return directly from ClearTax with out logging into the profits tax internet site
useful pointers to help you with filling up the records

these are the steps to do it online and yes you can fill you past dues online

regards

jayesh