All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-28-2014

can I e-file if I am missing a w2 for only $69.00 - - PLEASE HELP!

I had a few jobs last year and I have received all w2's except for one.  I only worked one day and the total gross pay was only $69.28.  I called corporate office and was given info on how to register with ADP and get it online, but when I tried to register it says my name and social security number does not match their records and I'm pretty sure I know my own name and SS#.  I would like to know if I can file without this w2 since the amount is so small or if I have to wait until the issue is resolved.

Associate (Neighbor)
Posts: 849
Registered: ‎01-22-2014

Re: can I e-file if I am missing a w2 for only $69.00 - - PLEASE HELP!

Good Morning and welcome to the Community.  You can file without your W-2 after Feb 15th by IRS rule.  You have to wait until then to give your employer time to mail you the W-2 which must be postmarked Jan 31st.

Cindy Kowalski
Senior Tax Advisor 5
24 years experience