All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Trusted Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Unable to verify identity

I did my 2015 taxes using HR block online.  Everything went perfect up until it asked me how I wanted to receive my refund.  Then it asked me to answer a few questions to confirm my identity so that I could add the money to my Emerald Card.  Apparently, I anwered one of these incorrectly because it then told me that it was unable to verify my ID.  Now it will only give me the option to add the refund to a bank account.  I do not have a bank account, all I have is my emerald card.  How am I supposed to get my return now??

Trusted Pioneer

Re: Unable to verify identity

What is the help option for if no one answers the questions??

Associate (Council Member)

Ambeejay02,

I would recommend calling our client support team to assist. They can be reached at 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625).

JerryG
Community Manager

Check BoxDid my reply help answer your question? Please mark it as an accepted solution by clicking on the green "Accept as Solution" button below. Thank you!
Pioneer

I am facing the same issue. Provided support number have no clues. Please help

Pioneer

Hello- I know your post was from a year ago but this issue is now happening to me and I wanted to know how you resolved it? I am trying to view my tax history and I am logged on but when I try to confim my identity it states that I have the incorrect information and when I call a machine is the one assisting me.Smiley Mad

Spoiler

Tax Pro

[ Edited ]

Hi jvill87,

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty viewing your tax returns.

Probably the easiest option in your situation, is going to be to create a new MyBlock account.  Then, once you've verified your identity in the new account your tax information and anything else that was in your MyBlock account will only be available in your new account and you can delete the old one.

I hope that this helps you out.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

I went into an H&R Block office last year to do my taxes. This year, I'm deployed so I have to have someone else file them for me to ensure that no mistakes are made. I was told that I had to create a My Block account so that I can keep track of everything and sign when the time comes. I created the account, verified my address, but when it comes to verifying my Identity it fails. I know my First Name, my Last name, My SSN, and my Date of Birth, but it continues to say that I answered something wrong. When I call Customer Support, their only advice is to create another My Block account because they have NO idea why it will not verify my identity. I created another account, and SURPRISE!!!!!, same issue. So what am I supposed to do now? When Customer Support can't/won't help, what are my options?

Pioneer

I'm having the same problem. I filed my 2016 taxes in a H&R block office. When I try to log into my H&R Block account online to view my return, it asks me to confirm my identity (name, SSN, date of birth) but it doesn't recognize my details. I called the helpline and they suggested to create a new account but this doesn't resolve the issue.

Please can H&R Block provide a solution. I paid a lot of money to file taxes with you so I would have customer support. I await your reply.

Pioneer

I have used H&R Block for several years now and have always been pleased with them. This year, however, the website is a hot mess. For some reason it believes that I don not know my name, social security number, and date of birth. I am not able to access my online account because it says that I need to "enter the primary taxayer's name as it is filed" I am the primary taxpayer and it will not take my information. Why??? This is frustrating enough to make me take my business elsewhere. 

Pioneer

Good news everyone - I found a solution to the problem. Today I received an email from my local H&R Block office where I filed my taxes thanking me for choosing them and inviting me to verify my idetity on their website. I logged in, typed in my personal details (name, SSN, date of birth), and this time it accepted them and verified my identity. I can now view a digital copy of my tax return.

In conclusion: If the system does't recognize you, wait a few days until you get the email. Then try verifying your idenity and it should work. No thanks to H&R Block for ignoring our pleas for help on here and being useless on the phone. Shame on them. I hope this helps others.