All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

Re: Unable to verify identity

I waited for the email but the site still doesn't recognize me. I'll have to give them a call. Woman Frustrated

Pioneer

That solution did not work. I am still unable to access my taxes and have tried different combinations of putting my information in which has resulted in being locked out. I've deleted accounts twice due to this issue and have created another new one. Still the same issue where I am unable to confirm my identity because my correct information is not correct. I was hoping that I would not have to call customer service but I think I am out of options. :/
Pioneer

I wonder if anyone from H&R Block actually seen this? Several people are having issue and seems to have been ignored continously. I myself was not able to confirm my identity and the customer support was a joke. Fix your system, it's ptetty useless if the information is not available.
Pioneer

This is my first year doing my taxes with H&R block and I can't verify my identity either. I went through the email as suggested but it didn't work. I keep trying every day at least once hoping the system updates but it's not letting me verify. This is so frustrating.
Tax Pro

Hi june17,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

You're probably going to have to call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK if you haven't done so already for assistance with this.  We do not have access at the community level to re-set client accounts or look at them to see where these types of problems are.

However, from what I can tell you, the information they ask for with identity verifications usually must match your tax return or must match an answer you gave to a security question exactly, including capitalization.

The only way that I know of other than getting through to support to re-set an account is to create a new account, verify your identity, and then delete your old account once you can see your information in the new one.

I'm sorry that I am not able to be of more help on this issue, but I will be here if you have any other questions.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

I just deleted my account and setup a new one through the email. This time it worked. Thanks
Pioneer

This is happening to me. This is ridiculous!!

Highlighted
Tax Pro

Hi dkarle1,

As I mentioned in a reply to the previous post, if this is a log-in issue then the fastest way to get around this is to set up a new account under a different email address.  Then, once you can see your tax documents in your new account, delete the old account or call support and request to have it deleted.  This worked for one person who posted in this thread previously.

I also recommend either making a print copy of your tax returns or downloading a back-up copy of your returns onto a flash drive (keep the copies somewhere safe either way) so that you have the information for future identity verifications because once you're locked out of your MyBlock account your documents may become unattainable through H&R Block if you cannot either unlock the account or successfully go through the ID verification in a newly set-up account.

Pioneer

This blows, I created a new account with different email address as you suggested and still the system does not recognize my identity.  I believe there must be a typo on the Block Advisors side, possibly added a space before or after my first or last name, who knows, but this is very frustrating.  I'm in the middle of an IRS audit and it is being held up because I do not have a car at the moment to pick up a hard copy.  I wish this issue would be resolved but your IT team doesn't have a clue.

Please help!

Mountek

Tax Pro

Hi mountek,

I am sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble with this.  However, as mentioned in previous posts to this thread, we cannot reset client accounts at the community level.  The first thing I normally suggest to people in this situation is creating a new account, and that's because that's the one way that there's a chance you can avoid having to call support, etc. and access your information faster.  Since that didn't work for you though you'll have to either go to an office or use one of the IRS options that I've provided for you below.

First though, do you have a suffix such as "JR" on the end of your name?  Do you have a middle initial?  Either of these could be the issue.  Middle initials go after you first name on the same line if there's no separate space for them and suffixes go after your last name on the same line if there's no separate space for those.  The answers to the questions they ask you have to match your tax return and/or whatever else you may have on file exactly.

IRS OPTIONS:

1. Request a copy of your tax return transcripts online.  This is free and is done through the IRS website.  Provided that you can pass the IRS security check your transcripts will be made available instantly through IRS.gov.  Tax return transcripts are a line-by-line readout of your 1040 return and the IRS, most banks, and most educational institutions will accept them in lieu of your actual return.
  2. Request a copy of your tax return transcripts by mail.  This is also free and takes about 2 to 4 weeks.  Complete and mail Form 4506-T to the IRS.
  3. Request a copy of your actual tax return by mail.  This costs $50 and takes about 2 to 4 weeks.  Complete and mail Form 4506 to the IRS.

Of course if you can find a way to get to an H&R Block office, then assuming that you filed in person, the office should be able to provide you with a copy of the return.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)