All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

Trying to find out the status on my return

How am I able to find out what the status is on my 2013 tax return? I want to know if it is even being processed by the IRS and I also cannot acces the online tax forms because they ask me ridiculous questions on what previous tax information I had (I was always claimed as a dependant up until this year, so I have no idea what that information is) Please help!

Associate (Council Member)

Re: Trying to find out the status on my return

Hello emival0414. Welcome to The Community.

For the most up-to-date information regarding the status of your return, you should use the "where's my refund" function on the IRS website located here: http://www.irs.gov/Refunds

You need the primary Social Security Number, filing status, and the exact dollar refund from your 2013 tax return that you just recently filed.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you.
WillMc1
Tax Professional (Retired)
Associate (Council Member)

Re: Trying to find out the status on my return