All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Associate

Tax Identity Shield

I just signed up for Tax Identity Shield through the website, as I believe it is a great product.  However, no where did it allow me to purchase coverage for my spouse.   How can I purchase coverage for my wife?

Highlighted
Associate (Council Member)

Re: Tax Identity Shield

Hello ChipL. Welcome to The Community.

As a retired HR Block Tax Professional, the Tax Identity Shield product is new to me as well. However, in the terms and conditions (link below) I find that the program covers both you and your spouse if the following conditions are met:

1. Both you and your spouse have Social Security Numbers (no ITIN's), and

2. You file your tax return as Married Filing Jointly (MFJ).

The Tax Identity Shield does not cover your dependents.

The following link will provide all the details surrounding the Tax Identity Shield product.

https://www.hrblock.com/tax-offices/product-services/pdf/tax-identity-shield-terms.pdf

I hope this helps answer your question. Good luck to you.
WillMc1
Tax Professional (Retired)
Valued Pioneer

Re: Tax Identity Shield

Spouse (secondary taxpayer) can only purchase the Tax Identity Shield

at the tax desk.

Primary taxpayer can purchase the Tax Identity Shield for $20 and spouse for an additional $15.

This was a discounted offer for both the spouse and taxpayer when purchasing at the tax desk.

A primary taxpayer may purchase the Tax Identity Shield

through the website; unfortunately, this is not going to be available for a spouse outside of the tax desk at this moment. I hope this helped!