All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

Taking my refund

H&R Block has taken $$$ of my refund to pay a debt that I paid off in 2012, i have contacted H&R Block multiple times with no answers. I have been transfered to COUNTLESS people and NO ONE can answer my questions.  I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH H&R BLOCK. I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR YEARS AND I WILL NEVER NEVER USE H&R BLOCK EVERY AGAIN. THEY HAVE STOLEN MY MONEY!!!!!!

Tax Pro

Re: Taking my refund

[ Edited ]

Hi cathe21gemini,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

H&R Block cannot take any money from you unless you owe preparation fees or an Emerald Advance repayment, so I don't believe that H&R Block is behind this.

However, if you have a back tax debt, a student loan debt, a debt connected with a bankruptcy, or a back child support debt then the IRS can and will seize your refund until the debt is paid in full.

So I have a question for you so that I can help you figure this out.  Do you have any of the four types of debts that I just mentioned?

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Highlighted

Re: Taking my refund

cathe21gemini,

I would echo what LouisH posted. Have you tried contacting the federal Treasury Offset Program number? You can call them at 800-304-3107.

More information about the program is available here: https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsservices/gov/debtColl/dms/top/debt_top.htm

Harold