All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

State Tax Return

Hello,

I was wondering how i would be able to double check to see if i filed for my last years state return on HRBlock.com. I am very certain that i didnt file my state return last year. Here enlies my next question...How would i be able to file last years state taxes along with this years?

Trusted Pioneer

Re: State Tax Return

Do you not have last years' tax documents?  You should always keep a copy.

Just a heads-up...even at 55 yo, I have every single tax return from 16 yo to now.  If you've never done so, now is the time to start a file & keep them.  If you're ever audited, you're gonna need them.

While it's not necessary to keep them as long as I have, they don't take up much space, so I highly recommend hanging onto everything from at least 7 years back.  I know this doesn't help you today, it's a good idea for the future.