All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Highlighted
Pioneer
Accepted Solution

RETURN STILL PENDING ACCEPTANCE 2 WEEKS LATER

I submitted federal return Sept 26, 2017 and now 2 weeks later still no acceptance from IRS. Any idea what the problem may be and what should I do?
Tax Pro

Re: RETURN STILL PENDING ACCEPTANCE 2 WEEKS LATER

Hi justpeachy,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

Have you checked the IRS' "Where's My Refund?" tracker to be sure that your return is actually still pending?  If the return went through and HRB just didn't update then it will show on the IRS tracker that it is in process.

If the IRS tracker does not return any results then there's a problem.  I've seen this happen with returns for taxpayers with an identity protection PIN number before.  If the wrong PIN is entered it may hang for an unknown amount of time in pending status before eventually dropping into rejected status.  Whatever the issue is, the return may eventually be rejected (in my experience most returns that hang for more than 24 hours end up being rejected).

The best thing to do here (if the IRS tracker doesn't show anything) is to print your return and mail it to the IRS.  This way they will receive it within a couple of days & they'll be able to start processing it sooner than if you keep waiting to see what happens with the e-file you submitted.

You can also call support if you would like at 1-800-HRBLOCK and ask if they can help you further in figuring out what's going on.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Hi LouisH,

Thank you so much for all of the information. I have checked several times on the IRS website under "where's my refund" and it just saids no information available as if I never filed. I haven'tfiled taxes in a couple of years due to me not working and never was issued a IRS pin. 

I will do as you advised and just mail in my return. When my refund is accepted will I still be able to get my refund direct deposited into my bank account since I will be mailing my return in?

Tax Pro

You're welcome.

Yes, you can still get a direct deposit.  When you print the return out make sure that your account & routing numbers appear at the bottom of the second page of the 1040.

Typically a return that is mailed will appear in "Where's my refund?" within 4 to 8 days, sometimes faster.