All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎03-31-2015

Questions about filing a 1040x



I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to file a 1040x. I am trying to file the ammendement to add my 1098-T for 2012 and 2013. In what section does the info for the 1098-T will it be added on to the 1040x? Also, what are any additional steps for me to do that? 


Oh and one important question; I never brought in my 1098-T when previously doing my taxes, would an HR Block specialist be able to tell me if it was necessary to receive my additional refund?


Thank you!

Tax Pro
Posts: 1,445
Registered: ‎09-04-2014

Re: Questions about filing a 1040x

It sounds like you are a good candidate for HRBlock's second look.
Take your 2011, 2012 and 2013 tax returns and documents to your nearest HRBlock office and ask for a free second look. (Be sure to take your 1998T) if they find they can get you additional money by amending any of your returns they can tell you what the charge will be. You can decide whether you want them to do it, or not. If the 2011 return needs to be amended, it needs to be mailed by 4-15-15.
Sr. Tax Analyst