All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

No state ID on 1099G unemployment. Can not proceed without it

On my Iowa unemployment 1099G there is no state ID #. The program requires it in order to proceed. I cannot find the correct or any # for that matter. We had income tax withheld for both Fed and St. I also noticed that there is no # for the box containing our IA state tax withheld. Am I supposed to add the Fed amt in box 4 with the state amt under it and just enter it as one income?

thankyou for any insight

Associate (Neighbor)

Re: No state ID on 1099G unemployment. Can not proceed without it

Hello, Meun96, and welcome to the community.

I haven't been able to track down the EIN or state ID numbers for Iowa unemployment.  The best suggestion I have for you would be to call the Iowa Workforce Development UI customer service bureau at 866-239-0843, and see if they will provide that information to you over the telephone.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific...but I hope that helps!