All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer
Accepted Solution

M1PR not filed throught e-file.

I was looking into why my property taxes have not been sent to me yet and found out that they were not showing to the IRS. I efiled everything in January and received my state and feder with no problem. I know MN Propety taxes are on a different time table, but they were supposed to be sent by end of Oct. I had no problem last year and got my proerpty refund on tiime, even a lttle early. I am wondering whey my M1PR form shows a July date on the bottom and my other forms show a January filing date? Also, how can I see if H&R Block filed my taxes? The IRS told me to send in a copy of the M1PR form but before I do, I want to make sure I don't double file. Where can I look to see if they were filed. Thanks.
Associate (Neighbor)

Re: M1PR not filed throught e-file.

As far as I know, the MN M1PR is never e-filed with the state or federal income tax returns.  Our software can prepare it, and gives instructions for mailing it in.  Or you can e-file at the MN Department of Revenue web site, at http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/individuals/prop_tax_refund/Pages/File-and-Pay.aspx.

Pioneer

I paid H&R to e-file my MN return, and entered all my rental information from my CRPs so the website could fill out the M1PR; however, there is no option to view and print the form. How can I view and print it so I can mail it? 

Thanks

Pioneer

Its funny as this post is a year old, and I have the same question as the reply above me submitted this year.

It shows up as it was e-filed, and nothing stating any further action needs to be taken; however, MNDOR has a "Wheres my refund?" page that allows lookup of income and property tax information, and they never received it. What do we need to do? Was it filed or not?

Pioneer

I too am having the same question.  It did state that it would be addressed later in the process and that it needed to be printed and mailed in but I cannot find anywhere to print it.  Anyone have any ideas?

Pioneer

I FOUND THE ANSWER!!!

It does not get efiled....when you print out your tax documents you will find it in there, along with instructions on where to send.  Hope this helps.

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Thank you!!