All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-13-2018

Live and work remotely in CO for CA company

HR Block office did my taxes recently and my CA nonresident return reported that I owe CA.  I am a resident of CO and my work is done physically in CO. My employer reported my income as taxable in CA.  

I know nonresidents are taxed on California Source Income, but are my services considered CSI if the work was not performed in the state boundaries of CA?  Was this all done correctly?

Associate (Neighbor)
Posts: 212
Registered: ‎07-22-2014

Re: Live and work remotely in CO for CA company

Hello, shaunmhannan, and welcome  to the community.


Since your employer is located in CA, they are correct to report it as CSI.  It's a bummer for you, since the CA tax rates are higher than Colorado's are.


Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...