All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

It's been 9 days. Why hasn't my tax pro posted my tax return online yet?

Went into office in Wheaton, MD office on Monday March 17, 2014 to prepare tax return with tax pro. She kept my tax documents from this year (three W-2s from three jobs, interest statement from bank) said to call her back with one small piece of information and then she'd post the tax return online. Today is March 26, 2014. I still haven't heard back, despite five phone calls to the office in the last eight days and two emails. I'm getting frustrated. Is it standard policy for H&R block professionals to take this long to edit a simple tax return (given the hour we spent in the office already) and post it online without responding to emails or calls during the time delay?

Trusted Pioneer

Re: It's been 9 days. Why hasn't my tax pro posted my tax return online yet?

This question should have generated an immediate response from BLOCK and started an investigation.

It sounds like they are holding your documents, and you presumably couldn't even fire them and have someone else do your taxes.

Please let us all know what happens next, especially if it involves going back into the office and demanding your paperwork.

Did you already pay?

Pioneer

No I haven't -- I was told I had to pay online after I approved my tax return online. Still haven't received any information about doing either, and when I search for my return on H&R block's website with my social security number and date of birth it's not found.

Associate (Council Member)

ksooklal,

Welcome to the Community. Sorry to hear you're not able to get an answer to your question. I would recommend calling the local office and asking to speak with the office manager. If you're unable to get your question answered please contact our client support team at 1-800-HRBLOCK.

Thanks, JerryG

Check BoxDid my reply help answer your question? Please mark it as an accepted solution by clicking on the green "Accept as Solution" button below. Thank you!
Pioneer

I'm in the same boat. And I can't even get a response from anyone. I've emailed SEVERAL people. This is the worst service I've EVER had from this company and I've been doing my taxes with them all of my adult life. This will be the end of that, obviously.

Pioneer

My tax pro asked for more information and I sent it to her.  It has been over 3 weeks now since I have heard back from them.  I have left multiple messages with them and still cannot get an answer back.