All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

If I e-file my federal and state taxes, is there any reason I still need to mail a paper return?

If I e-file my federal and state taxes, is there any reason I still need to mail a paper return?

I'm using H&R Block Premium and after I competed the E-filing for both federal and state, it moved me to the "Print and File" section.  I didn't think I needed to send anything in via the mail if I filed electronically.  I'm getting a refund from federal and paid what I owe to state electronically.  Didn't think I needed to mail anything in this case.  Correct?

Thanks.

Associate (Neighbor)

Re: If I e-file my federal and state taxes, is there any reason I still need to mail a paper return?

Hello, markg8087, and welcome to the community.

If you e-filed your return, you would not need to mail any forms.  You didn't happen to notice if there was an e-file confirmation number after you completed the filing process, did you?  I am relatively sure that would still show up if you log into your account.  If there is an e-file confirmation number, you're all set.

Hope that helps!

-kurt

Council Member

Re: If I e-file my federal and state taxes, is there any reason I still need to mail a paper return?

While you don't need to mail the return if it's been successfully e-filed, you should print a copy of your return (either on paper or to a digital copy like a .pdf) for your records. 

Karen