All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

IRS Tax Office address

I live in Texas and I Just completed by 2017 Taxes return but I usually send forms and payment to Austin ,Texas but this says to send payment to North Caroline. Is that the same address I send the completed 1040 form also?

Highlighted
Associate (Neighbor)

Re: IRS Tax Office address

Hello, jporterky, and welcome to the community.

The information below comes directly from the IRS website...

If you live in Texas, and you are filing a Form 1040 and you ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT, then use this address:

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Austin, TX  73301-0002

If you are filing a form 1040  and you ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT, then use this address:

Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 1214
Charlotte, NC 28201-1214

The only differences for Form 1040A or 1040EZ are in the four-digit extension for the Austin address.  1040A forms have -0015 as their ZIP code extension; 1040EZ forms have -0014 for their extension.  Returns with payments all have the same Charlotte address and ZIP extension.

Hope that helps!

-kurt