All Things Tax

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎03-29-2014

I have form 1098-T. where do I enter the amounts in box 2 and box 5%3F the amount in box 2 is larger

i have a form 1098-T. Box 2 and Box 5 have amounts shown in them.  Do i have to report this on my tax form?  My employer assisted in tuition reimbursement, but i also paid out of pocket expenses. the amount in box 2 is approx. $7K and the amount in box 5 is approx $6.5K