All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

I forgot to file my 1098T form. Can I still file it? Can I file previous years 1098s I didn't file?

I just found out after I filed my taxes that I have a 1098T form and that I have supposed to of been receiving them since 2009. Can I still file my 1098T, and what about my old ones? Can I file them too?

Associate (Pioneer)

Re: I forgot to file my 1098T form. Can I still file it? Can I file previous years 1098s I didn't fi

Welcome to the Community.

The good news is yes, you can amend  tax returns within 3 years after the date you filed your original return and and claim credit or refunds.  The bad news is If you do not file a claim within this period, you may not be entitled to a credit or a refund.   You can read more in Publication 17 www.irs.gov/publications/p17/ch01.html.

Call your local office with any other questions you may have about amending your return...We would be glad to help you.

Have a great evening!

Kat Frazier-Knudson
Tax Professional II
One H AND R BLOCK WAY, KANSAS CITY, MO 64105
816-854-5500
Find H&R Block on Facebook and Talk to Us on Twitter
 H&R Block