All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Esteemed Pioneer

How to tell if HR Block fees came out yet.

Is there absolutley no way to see if hr block fees have been paid online? Called the 800 number and it seems like all they know how to do is refer you to WMR. Not much help at all. Seems like every other tax website has a section to show you if they have been paid yet and it gives you an idea if the refund has been sent and is just being held for a few days. But i caant find it anywhere on the website or myblock app.
Pioneer

Re: How to tell if HR Block fees came out yet.

I have the same question but they don’t ever answer this one. You would think after paying so much money to file they would have answers to these questions. It would have been better to use a free tax service.
Pioneer

Please yes this is a MUST feature, I will take my taxes elsewhere if this does not get updated by next year I already have a DDD just waiting on deposit I always feel its delayed somewhat because of your fees you have to take out...
Highlighted
Associate (Pioneer)

Typically, when you select H&R Block Refund Transfer (deduct the fees from your Federal refund), the date the IRS says your refund will be sent to "your" bank is the date you will usually have the funds available. What happens is, let's use February 22 as the date the IRS says your refund will be deposited.  The evening of February 21, the IRS sends the refund to our (H&R Block) bank and the fees are collected and if applicable, your Emerald Advance and/or Refund Advance is paid. The next morning by 11am Central time, the remaining funds are sent to your bank.  Depending on your bank, the funds may post that same day or possibly not until the next day. Most major banks and credit unions post the same day.  Smaller banks and credit unions might have a delay.  If your refund is being loaded onto an Emerald Card, the funds are typically available that morning (in this case, Feb 22).

Diane Phelan, EA, LTC, MST

Tax Pro Review Preparer

Portland, Oregon