All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

How long is the emerald card good for... When will it expire if I file with hr block this year

Was wondering if I file with hr block this year when will my emerald card expire
Highlighted
Associate (Council Member)

Re: How long is the emerald card good for... When will it expire if I file with hr block this year

If you already have an Emerald Card the expiration of the card has nothing to do with whether you file a tax return 

with HRB or not.  Your card is valid as long as you have money on the card.  I am guessing you did not receive a 

complete explanation of how the card works when you got yours.   A couple of things to keep in mind........

It costs nothing to check you balance USING the automated system.

Remember to use the card at least once every TWO months to AVOID a non-use fee (about $5 or so)

You CAN reload money onto the card at several locations if you wish, remember there is a small fee charged by the 

company loading the money onto the card...so shop around.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them on the community!