All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎08-29-2017


[ Edited ]

OKAY!!! so i been trying to request a 1040 or 1040z  and i haven't had an luck with the system .!! its frustrating when the offices aint open and being in a deserted area,! please i need my 2015 1040 file!!!which is filled out!! i tried hnrblock file retriever and that got me no where!!

Trusted Council Member
Posts: 6,191
Registered: ‎02-23-2016

Re: HELP!!

Hi wilsonNtu,



Welcome to the H&R Block community.


If I'm reading this correctly you're saying you still haven't filed your 2015 tax return.  If that's what's going on then you'll need to complete the return again either using the downloadable software from the H&R Block website, with a tax professional, or by hand using paper forms, and mail the return to the IRS.  You cannot e-file online once the extended filing deadline for the year passes (it was October 18th for 2015).


Note that if you are due a refund for 2015 and you did not file yet that's alright.  You will not be penalized.  When you are due a refund you actually have 3 years from the original due date of the return to file the return for a refund.  If you owe tax though there is a late filing penalty and a late payment penalty as well as interest on the unpaid tax, so you'll want to file as soon as possible.


If you have already filed the return and you're just trying to get a copy of it you should be able to access the return in MyBlock.  If you filed online unassisted then the only way you can retrieve your return from H&R Block is through MyBlock.  If you filed in an office then you can go to any office that is open (there are one or two in each area) and request a copy of the return.


You also have options to retrieve your tax return through the IRS if you already filed it.  These options include:

  • Complete Form 4506-T and mail it to the IRS.  This will get you a copy of your tax return transcripts at no cost to you.  It takes about 2 to 3 weeks.  Banks and educational institutions will normally accept a copy of your tax return transcripts from the IRS in lieu of the actual return.
  • Request your tax return transcripts online through the IRS website.  There is no cost to you, and if you can pass the IRS identity/security check you'll get your transcripts instantly.
  • Complete Form 4506 and mail it to the IRS.  This will get you a copy of your actual tax return and tax documents.  This option costs $50 and takes about 2 to 3 weeks.


If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.



Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-07-2017

Re: HELP!!

call IRS @ (800) 852-5711 you can request a transcript or a copy of your filed tax which will take about 5 days. 

I found out its the easier way to get old files.


Good Luck!