All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Trusted Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Filing form 8379...can it be electronically? Submitted with joint return.

I am seeing a tax professional at hrs block this year, we already started the process... but... I do not know if he is familiar with a certain former  (I am really pleased with his work though). I am filing jointhe return with husband who is disabled. My husband owes back child support, I am the money maker, he has no income. My tax guy said to file injured spouse former 8379. Well....he said it has to be filed by mail. ?  Can we submit this electronically? Also...can I still love get the emerald advance..of up to $1250?

Tax Pro

Re: Filing form 8379...can it be electronically? Submitted with joint return.

Form 8379, injured spouse, CAN be efiled. In fact, it will cut 1 week off the waiting time for the refund..

I have numerous clients that file injured spouse and we have always efiled them without a problem. .

BettyB
Sr. Tax Analyst
Pioneer

This is a great question and I'm in almost the same situation in Missouri.

Why the two completely different answers for the same question.

Do you both work for HR Block?

I would like to file online with best of both, but I can't find any real information on the Q&A's to get this question answered directly.

Highlighted
Alumni Associate

Hello jenoberer.  Welcome to The Community.

Although I am now a retired HR Block Tax Professional, I can assure you that Form 8379 Injured Spouse Allocation can absolutely be efiled along with your federal income tax return.  And as Betty mentioned, by doing so it would take a little less time for the IRS to process your return.

I hope this helps.  Good luck to you. 

WillMc1
Tax Professional (Retired)
Pioneer

I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION AND RECIEVED A LETTER FROM THE IRS THAT IT HAS TO BEW MAILED INTO THE SAME IRS ADDRESS THE TAX RETURNED WAS SENT TO, BUT I FILED IT E-FILE AND DO NOT KNOW WHICH ADDRESS TO SEND IT TO NOW BECAUSE OF THIS....CAN ANYONE ON HERE GIVE ME THE ADDRESS TO SEND IT TO?

Pioneer

What is the address to submit this form to.

Pioneer

how did you efile this form

Pioneer

I know it can be efiled as well I just cant figure out HOW to add it to my h&R block refund. I am not submitting my taxes this year until I figure out how?! my husband is behind on child  support as well and I am not waiting until Aug to get my refund. That sis what happens if you do it through the mail. Does anyone out there know if H&Rblock has the software to add this form to your tax return? 

HELP!!!