All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Esteemed Pioneer

Filed in office applied for refund advance

I applied in office yesterday 1-23-2018 and I applied for the refund advance. Now today, I have received any notification regarding my taxes. Not even an email saying that my taxes were complete. I didn’t even get anything saying hey were submitted, or anything with a status regarding my refund advance application!!

So, did I get denied? Or do I have to continue to wait on some kind of notification?
Highlighted
Trusted Council Member

Re: Filed in office applied for refund advance

Hi jmamixthree,

You haven't received an email yet because your tax return hasn't been filed yet.  It cannot be e-filed until the IRS begins accepting tax returns on January 29th.

Once the return has actually been e-filed & accepted you'll get a notification.

As for the refund loan I don't have a timeline on that, but usually if you were denied you would have known while you were still in the office.  Denial is pretty much always instant when it occurs.

After the 29th you can also check your refund status on the IRS website using "Where's My Refund?".

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Associate (Pioneer)

Hi Jmamixthree.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We would be happy to look further in to this for you. Its best if you could give us a call @ 1-800-HRBLOCK.

Marlene
Client Service Social Media, Kansas City, MO
Pioneer

I filled in office tonight around 6pm but have not gotten any notifications on if I was denied. Will I get a definitive answer!
Associate (Pioneer)

You should have received some type of notice.  The refund advance notification has been coming through within one half hour.  At present, that is not dependent on your tax return being accepted by the IRS.   Let me know if you have gotten your concerns resolved. 

Pioneer

It has been 23 hours since I filed and still haven't received a text about my advance.  Who should I talk to about it?

dawns,

I would recommend calling the office where you filed. If you aren't able to get an answer please contact client support at 1-800-472-5625.

Regards, Harold

Pioneer

I did my taxes at 10am yesterday and got the notice that the IRS accepted my taxes. I also applied for the Refund Advance and as yet to have heard either way. I called the MyEmerald number and asked the customer service rep. if she could see anything about it and she said she didn't even see that an application had be file in my name for my account. Also I wasn't supposed to be charged for my Federal and it clearly says on my paper work that the $45 that was $0.00 out on the screen did appear and was charged. I tried calling the office between classes today and was "disconnected" twice. What should I do?
Pioneer

hey did you ever get a response a denial or approval i went in today also and have not heard anything yet.