All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

Federal Return Rejected

Hello, I have tried to submit my taxes many times and it keeps been rejected for the AGI and PIN. I am putting the correct AGI from last year, but it keeps rejecting it. Please advise

Associate (Pioneer)

Re: Federal Return Rejected

If you made any changes to your 2016 tax return after it was filed, you need the original AGI from the efiled return.  If there were no changes to your 2016 return, the IRS has ways to locate your 2016 AGI. As frustrating as it is, the IRS is obviously looking for a different figure. 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/electronic-filing-pin-request

Diane Phelan, EA. LTC, MST

Tax Pro Review Preparer

Portland, Oregon

Pioneer

I have tried multiple times and get the same error. Our AGI is correct and it still gives this issue. Any ideas?

Pioneer

I am having the same problem. I cannot resolve this or find any instructions that say how to resolve this. It's either the AGI is wrong (it's not) or there is a form missing. 

WHY would there be a form missing? The software went through the error check and said everything is fine!! That's WHY I bought the software! I can't get through on the phone, and I can't find any sort of help to resolve this issue. 

This is totally ridiculous. The software is supposed to make sure all the forms are included, but it obviously did not. Now I guess I will need to call the IRS and ask them if I can resubmit with a different tax program!! 

PS: I don't appreciate having to sign an agreement that I will accept new terms and conditions to access the site to try and get help, including binding arbitration. Something wrong with the software, HRBLOCK?