All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

Error Failed to load PDF document

[ Edited ]

Hello, I get an error message when I try to view, print, or download my 2016 .pdf tax file. All other years work fine, 2011 through 2015.

It says "Error Failed to load PDF document"

I want to save the 2016 .pdf file to my PC like I did with the 2011 through 2015 .pdf files.

Thanks, James

Tax Pro

Re: Error Failed to load PDF document

Hi carolacey,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

It may just be that the 2016 tax filing year is still current.  Once the extended filing deadline passes on October 18th the return should definitely be available (it's actually supposed to be available once the return is accepted by the IRS and therefore is final).  It could also be that something is going on with the system temporarily.  Or it could be some other error.  If you still have these issues after October 18th then you'll want to call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK for assistance.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)