All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Applied for payment plan via IRS. Trying to finish my return online with HRBlock.

I was approved for a 120 day payment plan on the IRS website for the federal taxes I owe this year.  I haven't finished filing on the H&R Block website because it wants me to either pay my federal taxes in full, or provide a confirmation code that I have paid.

I'm unable to file my state income taxes until my federal is complete on the website. As mentioned, I am not paying 100% up front to the IRS.

How can I finish filing my taxes?

Valued Pioneer

Re: Applied for payment plan via IRS. Trying to finish my return online with HRBlock.

I have the same issue. Did you ever figure out what you needed to do to complete the online return? 

Pioneer

Re: Applied for payment plan via IRS. Trying to finish my return online with HRBlock.

Same issue. Last year I as able to opt for payment plan while on the H&R website.  This time, my only options are to pay now to finish filing. Any help?

Highlighted
Valued Pioneer

Just talked with a H &R Block Tax Advisor and they told me to select "Paper check and File Return".  You do not need to actually pay with a check and can use any of the methods on the IRS site (electronic withdraw, CC, Cash etc.).  You will obviously need to keep track of your balance until the IRS has accepted your return but at least there will be no penalty for late filing. Smiley Happy