All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

AGI Rejection due to HR Block error

HR Block Premium imported incorrect information from HR Block software file from last year.  Somehow it came up with a number in the import that was $4600 higher than my entire Gross Income for that year.  I had to find the correction via Lilly at their Customer Service desk since the software had it grayed out and would not allow it to be changed in the screen.

Go to Forms, Open Forms, select "Show All Forms" and look for "Last Year's Data Worksheet" and make the change on that sheet.  It should allow you to correct that number before you file and get a rejection notice like I did.  That is the last time I will assume that the software is my friend!

Tax Pro

Re: AGI Rejection due to HR Block error

Thank you for letting us know.  I will pass this along.

Highlighted
Pioneer

Re: AGI Rejection due to HR Block error

Even after finding the "Last Year's Data Worksheet" it will not let me change it to zero, even though HR Block's own software says we're supposed to enter 0 if we submitted our 2015 return after a certain December date.

This is so annoying. Now I'm going to have to go through all of the hassle of printing and mailing my return because their "premium" software can't let you enter your prior year AGI. As a result, my return will be late. Thanks, HR Block!