All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

1099 & Schedule C

[ Edited ]

I had multiple incomes in 2017. W2, 1099 and Unemployment. I used software online and already submitted everything. I just realized a few things on schedule C were already filled out or might have the wrong answer.  All the totals are correct, but F-J is iffy. I got paid with paypal and wrote cash. For G, I, and J, I wrote "yes" but that might not be the case. I don't have my own business. It was misc income. Do I need to amend that and check off "no" or leave it alone since the math ends up the same?  I also mistakenly put THEIR EIN on the form..

Highlighted
Tax Pro

Re: 1099 & Schedule C

Welcome to the community

If you are uncertain about your tax return, you may want to make an appointment with an HRBlock office and request a free second look. ( bring along your returns for 14, 15 and 16, too.)   If amending any of the returns needs to be done they can do them for a fee or you can do them yourself.  This way you'll sleep better because you know if they are correct. 

BettyB
Sr. Tax Analyst