All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Pioneer

1099-MISC for 1K prize money from HR Block Giveaway last year

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the 1099 for winning the 1K prize money HR Block was giving away last year is accessible online? Either through out HR Block account? 

Thanks!

Trusted Council Member

Re: 1099-MISC for 1K prize money from HR Block Giveaway last year

Hi em11,

Welcome to the community.

You can access yor tax returns and any tax documents that you uploaded in your MyBlock account, however your 1099-MISC will come in the mail.  They have to be mailed out by January 31st under IRS regulations so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Congrats on winning by the way!

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Thank you! I appreciate your welcoming and your answer. You are correct. Not too much longer. Smiley Happy

Trusted Council Member

You're quite welcome.

Pioneer

If I didn’t upload it. Is there a way of finding it on hr block website
Highlighted
Trusted Council Member

Hi Jkeith645,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

There's no way of finding this one on the website that I know of.

Note that prize winnings are reported to you on a Form W2-G, so that's the form you should watch for.  I mistakenly mentioned the 1099-MISC form in the previous post.

Your W2-G, like all other income forms, has to be sent out by the last day of January, so you'll have it by the beginning of February at the latest.  Filing season doesn't start until the 29th though, so you've got lots of time.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)