All Things Tax

All Things Tax

Like the title says, from the filing process and tax questions to tax policy and reform, you can search and share All Things Tax here. This is the place to find answers to all your general questions that don't fall under the other categories. And just a reminder: questions about software or online filing should be posted in DIY Products.

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎02-11-2018


I received a 1099-B from my former Mutual fund broker and cannot find where to enter the information in the interview of the desktop version of the software. I also rolled this over to a new account so where do I report that? To show I did not keep the amount and profit?

Esteemed Neighbor
Posts: 222
Registered: ‎02-28-2016

Re: 1099-B

Form 1099-B will show any asset sales. You would report this as an investment gain or loss. I'm not sure why depositing this money into a new account would be called a rollover. The term rollover is usually reserved to describe moving money from one tax deferred (retirement) account to another. Opening a new investment account does not need reporting.